- 1 x Wireless Security Alarm System
- 1 x Wireless Motion Sensor
- 1 x Wireless Magnetic Door/Window Sensor
- 2 x Wireless Remote Controller
- 2 x RFID Tags
- 1 x Wired indoor Siren
R998.00 – R1,599.00
A home security system which communicates with a secure app on your smartphone, tablet (such as an iPad) or desktop computer.
How do they differ from a tradition burglar alarm?
A smart alarm is typically wireless (although doesn’t have to be), which means they are less disruptive to install than a hard-wired system.They have all the same components as a traditional home alarm (control panel, keypad, movement detectors, door contacts, external siren etc.), but are also connected to a secure cloud server typically via your wireless router (aka home internet), or via GPRS signal over the GSM (mobile phone) network.
The main difference is the level of ‘remote’ control you have over the alarm system and how the smart alarm communicates with you, when activated, where ever you are in the world.
Why are they becoming so popular?
As technology evolves, we’re evolving with it.
Take smartphones as an example.Like me, you probably own a smart phone [there’s a good chance you’re looking at it now].
Great aren’t they!?
You can pretty much do everything on them these days… from messaging friends and sending emails, to booking holidays online and watching films.
Thank goodness they can’t mow the lawn and earn a wage (as I’m pretty sure my wife could survive quite happily with just one of us).
We’re using our smart phones to do more than ever. We’re creatures of convenience.
It’s what they call “connected living” – and we’re only going to get more connected as time goes on.
More house-hold appliances and devices are going online, from your TV to your fridge-freezer.
Like it or not – we’ve entered the age of “The Smart Home” and intruders alarms are joining the party!
Benefits of a Smart Alarm
I’ve already mentioned that a smart intruder alarm is no different to a traditional home alarm system when it comes to protecting your property.
The difference is how it combines that protection with you, your lifestyle and emotions.
Have you ever thought…
Did I switch the iron off, after leaving the house?
Of course you have. We all have.
Because it’s a natural anxiety due to the consequence… Iron left on = potential fire.
Forgetting to set your alarm system will be inevitable. The possible consequence is burglary.
A smart alarm will allow you to check the system status via your phone and, if required, allow you to set it remotely. You can even program the alarm to auto-set itself at a predetermined time.
Conversely, if the kids or cleaner has activated the alarm by accident or simply forgotten their key fob/code, they can call you and you can unset it remotely.
Another example, (warning – this one’s a little cynical), but if a cleaner/tradesperson/neighbour is left in your property unattended, you can be alerted if a particular door or drawer is opened.
Let’s take that one step further.
If the system had camera PIRs fitted, photos could be emailed instantly to your smartphone from inside the room of the opened door/drawer.
WOW. That’s smart (and potentially useful evidence).
Other examples of how a smart alarm can benefit you compared to a traditional burglar alarm system:
Did I mention the connected video cameras also have two-way voice functionality built-in, meaning you can speak to whoever’s in the property as well as see and hear what’s going on?
Streaming live video from inside the property to your phone can be a useful solution for those concerned about elderly parents living home alone.
You can also connect CO2, gas, smoke, temperature and flood detectors wirelessly to the system, and receive alerts to your smart phone from these devices too.
How does it work?
The Cloud is a secure server managed by the alarm manufacturer.
Your smart alarm app installed on your smartphone is securely connected to The Cloud.
When the alarm triggers an event, the alarm control panel sends the event to The Cloud.
The Cloud sends that event on to your smart phone. This is all done in a few seconds.
Via the app you view the event information including optional images on your phone.
Are they as secure as a traditional system?
The Smart Alarm we recommend is a wireless Grade 2, BS EN 50131 compliant alarm system, operating on 868 MHz frequency band.
The alarm system is continuously connected to a secure server, known as The Cloud, which communicates with your handled device or PC.
The Cloud sends push notifications (SMS, email etc) to your iPhone, Android handheld device or PC.
This functionality can act as a self-monitoring solution, saving you money on high monthly monitoring fees.
You are in control of monitoring; verify alarm activations with real-time images of events using the visual verification feature.
What happens if the mains fail, IP drops or your wireless router is switched off I hear you ask?
The system would continue working, on backup batteries, as a standard bells-only audible system.
GSM module as a secondary signalling path. This would take over should the internet connection be lost, using the GSM network to notify you, your key-holders or a monitoring centre of alarm activation.
To qualify for a smart burglar alarm system, you will need:
How much do they cost?
Here’s the amazing thing… A smart alarm is not that much more expensive than a traditional alarm system.
In fact, because of its self-monitoring capabilities, it may actually cost much less on your monthly monitoring fees, if configured correctly and bought from a reputable alarm company.
2.4 inch TFT display screen, concise user interface and menu hint design.
• Main interface status bar, date/clock indication, fairly obvious alarm host status.
• Built-in powerful performance CPU master based on 32-bit Co「tex-M3 core.
• Based on uCOS – III operating system with multitasking design, great user operation experience.
• WIFI/GSM/3G/GPRS intranet alarm system, support different alarm channels, like APP push/SMS/voice monitoring/intranet center etc. to ensure the alarm performance stable and reliable.
• Support SMS arm/disarm and voice arm/disarm
• Support up to 100 learing/storage location for remote control, RFID cards and wireless detector.
• Support many defense zones, such as gate, SOS, bedroom, window, balcony, perimeter, smoke, gas, carbon monoxide, water leaking, etc.
• Support the main power malfunction, backup power shortage, tamperalarm and other extended alarm.
• Support entry/exit zone, indoorzone, perimeter zone, 24-hour zone. .etc.
• Up to 5 groups preset alarm phone numbers, SMS on/off and dial on/off can be set respectively.
• Support external wireless siren.
• Support timing arm and disarm
• Can store and inquire daily operation records and alarm records.
• GSM network clock synchronization, to ensure accurate clock, and support country time zone setting.
• Support multi-language menu display, voice prompts and alarm SMS setting.
• Can record 20 seconds voice message and alarm voice.
• Telephone function, support 5 groups re-dial number.
• User-friendly APP operation experience and user interface.
• Push Arm/disarm message to APP
• Support APP remote arm/disarm, parameter setting and accessory management.
• Online GPRS to obtain equipment status, automatic alarm when offline.
• Reserved remote GPRS TCP / UDP protocol channel, compatible with multiple alarm center networking protocol to facilitate network alarm.
Center remote control.
Product Name: GSM WIFI Home Alarm Sytem Color: White / Black
Radio Frequency: 433MHz (default) / 315MH SOS Button: Support
GSM Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Compatible: IP Camera / Smart Socket
App: Andriod / IOS Language: Multiple Languages Up To 8